1.By the sole act of submitting his/her images or files to a salon under FIAP Patronage, the entrant accepts without exception and with no objection that the submitted images can be investigated by FIAP to establish if these obey to FIAP regulations and definitions even if the entrant is not a member of FIAP; that FIAP will use any means at its disposal for this undertaking; that any refusal to cooperate with FIAP or any refusal to submit the original files as captured by the camera, or failure to provide sufficient evidence, will be sanctioned by FIAP and that in case of sanctions following the noncompliance with FIAP regulations, the name of the entrant will be released in any form useful to inform the breaches of the rules. It is recommended to leave the EXIF data in the submitted files intact in order to ease eventual investigations.
2. The salon is open to photo friends spread all over the world. It will be organized under the approved rules of FIAP. All acceptances will count for FIAPdistinctions. ALL Images must be the original work of the entrant. If two or more similar images are entered by the same author, the first one getting the acceptance score will be considered for acceptance or award, the other images will not be considered. NO ALTERATION FOR NATUREAND PHOTO TRAVEL IMAGES.
3. The entrant permits the sponsors to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for publication and/or display in media related to the exhibition. This may include low resolution posting on a website.
4. The image size must be of maximum 1024 pixels wide and 768 pixels high including any borders and be a maximum File Size within 1MB. The files must be in JPEG format at 300 dpi resolution.
5. Report Cards will be sent by E-Mail as well as displayed on our website - www.loftmansalon.in
6. All paidEntrant will receivea pdf catalogue and a participation certificate.
7. All Acceptances are eligible for statistics applicable to FIAP, PSA Distinctions.
8. The decision of the Panel of selectors is final and binding, no further appeal will be entertained
9. Entries will not be judge without entry fees. No extension of closing date. Our computer systems will automatically close the entry system and the payment processes on the closing date. Payment cannot be made after the closing date.
10. Please note that the PAYPAL/RTGS/NEFT details must be e-mailed to us with your name and other entry details in the email ID – email@example.com as per specification below within 48 hours of payment for us to update payment status swiftly.
1. Registration No.
3. PayPal/Bank details.
In case of non-payment of full Salon Fees as applicable by any entrant, their name will be deleted from the final acceptance list.
11. Entries are limited to not more than 4 images (digital files) per section, i.e. 16 total images for 4 sections. Images for each section should be uploaded via www.loftmansalon.in.A mixed entry of slides and digital images in the same section are not allowed.
12. The jury reserves the right to withhold some awards if the qualities of submitted photos are not satisfactory.
13. Each author can receive only one award / honorable mention in each section.
14. An entrant’s four images will be distributed throughout four rounds of judging in that section and Display of the Images:EPSON EH-TW5300 projector with resolution of 1024 X 768 pixels with Color Space: sRGB.
15. No title or identification of the maker shall be visible anywhere on the face of an image, in a PSA Recognized exhibition.
16. Each image must have a unique title.
i. Words such as “Untitled” and “No Title” are not acceptable as part or all of an image’s title, nor are camera capture filenames or titles consisting of only numbers.
17. All entrants in must provide name, personal and country data in case of smooth delivery of awards.
18. The organizer will take all possible care while handling the awards and catalogues; however we assume no liability for damages and loses during shipping.
A Black and white work fitting from the very dark grey (black) to the very clear grey (white) is a monochrome. Work with the various shades of grey. A black and white work toned entirely in a single colour will remain a Monochrome work able to stand in the black and white category; such a work can be reproduced in black and white in the catalogue of a salon under FIAP Patronage. On the other hand a black and white work modified by a partial toning or by the addition of one colour becomes a colour work (polychrome) to stand in the colour category; such a works requires colour reproduction in the catalogue of a salon under FIAP Patronage.
Entries must originate as photographs (image captured of objects via light sensitivity) made by the entrant on photographic emulsion or acquired digitally. Pictures on any subject including creative or experimental images can be submitted.
Nature photography is restricted to the use of the photographic process to depict all branches of natural history, except anthropology and archeology, in such a fashion that a well-informed person will be able to identify the subject material and certify its honest presentation. The story telling value of a photograph must be weighed more than the pictorial quality while maintaining high technical quality. Human elements shall not be present, except where those human elements are integral parts of the nature story such as nature subjects, like barn owls or storks, adapted to an environment modified by humans, or where those human elements are in situations depicting natural forces, like hurricanes or tidal waves. Scientific bands, scientific tags or radio collars on wild animals are permissible. Photographs of human created hybrid plants, cultivated plants, feral animals, domestic animals, or mounted specimens are ineligible, as is any form of manipulation that alters the truth of the photographic statement.
No techniques that add, relocate, replace, or remove pictorial elements except by cropping are permitted. Techniques that enhance the presentation of the photograph without changing the nature story or the pictorial content, or without altering the content of the original scene, are permitted including HDR, focus stacking and dodging/burning. Techniques that remove elements added by the camera, such as dust spots, digital noise, and film scratches, are allowed. Stitched images are not permitted. All allowed adjustments must appear natural. Color images can be converted to greyscale monochrome. Infrared images, either direct-captures or derivations, are not allowed.
Images used in Nature Photography competitions may be divided in two classes: Nature and Wildlife.
Images entered in Nature sections meeting the Nature Photography Definition above can have landscapes, geologic formations, weather phenomena, and extant organisms as the primary subject matter. This includes images taken with the subjects in controlled conditions, such as zoos, game farms, botanical gardens, aquariums and any enclosure where the subjects are totally dependent on man for food.
Images entered in Wildlife sections meeting the Nature Photography Definition above are further defined as one or more extant zoological or botanical organisms free and unrestrained in a natural or adopted habitat. Landscapes, geologic formations, photographs of zoo or game farm animals, or of any extant zoological or botanical species taken under controlled conditions are not eligible in Wildlife sections. Wildlife is not limited to animals, birds and insects. Marine subjects and botanical subjects (including fungi and algae) taken in the wild are suitable wildlife subjects, as are carcasses of extant species.
Wildlife images may be entered in Nature sections of Exhibitions.